Beginning in Fall 2019, UMBC will each offer two annual, renewable scholarships for up to four years of study that cover 50% tuition at time of initial matriculation. The scholarships are open to first-year international students admitted for undergraduate degree-seeking study at UMBC. Successful applicants will be dedicated to furthering the #YouAreWelcomeHere message by bridging intercultural divides. Applicants will submit a 500-1000 word written essay or a 2-5 minute video about their ideas for advancing intercultural learning and understanding at UMBC.
- Be a first-year international applicant to UMBC.
- Attend (or have graduated from) a secondary school outside of the United States.
- Demonstrate interest and personal initiative in activities involving intercultural learning and exchange.
- Complete a scholarship application and a 500-1000 word essay or a two-to-five minute video describing their aspirations to conduct projects, research, employment, or other experiences that will advance intercultural learning.
- Apply for admission to UMBC by November 1, 2018.
- Submit the one-page #YouAreWelcomeHere application to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 15, 2019.
- If awarded a scholarship, claim it by submitting a tuition deposit to UMBC by May 1.
- Scholarship can be renewed for up to 4 years (Fall and Spring semesters only).
- Participate in at least 10 hours of cultural sharing and engagement with the local community.
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0.
- Enroll and successfully complete a minimum of 12 credits (exception may be granted) for Fall and Spring semesters.
- Apply for Admission to UMBC: November 1, 2018
- Submit Scholarship Application: December 15, 2018
- Make Enrollment Deposit: May 1, 2019