Congratulations on your admission to UMBC! Please use the links on the left to explore the information in this section carefully to:
- Know UMBC costs and funding options
- Learn how to apply for an F-1 student visa and pay the I-901 SEVIS fee
- Understand what an I-20 is and how to get one from UMBC
- Students already in the US – learn how to transfer your I-20 to UMBC
- Explore next steps to prepare for your transition to UMBC
- Prepare for your travels and entrance to the US
- Plan to attend the various Orientation events UMBC offers to help you adjust to your new home
If you would like to reach out to current students for advice, assistance or tips, we encourage you to reach out by contacting a club or organization that is interesting to you!
Undergraduate students can review the extensive list of clubs and organizations here.
Graduate students can review the list of Graduate Student Organizations (GSO’s) here.