Be familiar with your individual health insurance plan, in case you might need it.
If you are considering domestic or international travel, make sure you understand the extent to which your insurance will cover you at your destination location.
Information on common insurance providers
- Aetna -general policy, not just Student Health
- Aetna will waive co-pays for all diagnostic testing related to COVID-19. This policy will cover the cost of physician-ordered testing for patients who meet CDC guidelines, which can be done in any approved laboratory location. Aetna will waive the member costs associated with diagnostic testing at any authorized location for all Commercial, Medicare and Medicaid lines of business.
- For the next 90 days from mid March, Aetna will offer zero co-pay telemedicine visits for any reason.
Role of University Health Services (UHS)
- UHS’s COVID-19 Website covid19.umbc.edu/
- For UHS service, call or email first – 410-455-2542, firstname.lastname@example.org
- University Health Services will be providing services remotely starting Monday, March 23, from 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. weekdays. Please call 410-455-2542. If you have non-emergency health concerns outside of regular business hours and wish to speak with someone from UMBC’s After-Hours Support Line, please call 410-455-3230. If you are experiencing a physical health emergency while on campus please call UMBC Police at 410-455-5555. If you are off campus please call or 911, or go to the nearest hospital emergency room.